Sunday 30 June 2013

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Hi today isn't my usually 'looking at pretty things' post but I hope you will still enjoy it. I want to talk about life. Big statement I know, but talking to friends recently has made me realise that my life hasn't being hard or particularly challenging. Now I'm not saying that my life is perfect and I spring out of bed each morning ready to grab every opportunity, but compared to other people nothing bad has happened that has really broken me. I am fully aware that there will be some people wanting to throw things at the screen right now but give me a chance to make my point.

couldn't let you go picture less could I?
(taken by me)
 
Because of the lack of hurt that I have felt in my life I sometimes take it for granted and I complain about things that in the grand scheme don't matter and aren't even worth a second thought. Talking to people recently has made me realise that I should stop taking this for granted and just be happy with what I have and take a second to look at what others have and what they have gone through.

 
I think what I am trying to say in a backward sort of way is that life is not a dress rehearsal and instead of complaining I should live life with no regrets because there are people who suffer far greater then I have or ever will.

Now I'm not naive I am fully aware that there are days that you don't want to get out of bed and a smile is hard to manage but maybe we could all put what ever is troubling us out of our head just for a minute to smile just once about something. However small.

 
 
I really hope that none of you reading have gone through really hard times but I know sometimes bad things do happen. If you are someone going through something bad or have experienced it in the past I hope you found this in someway slightly useful. If your someone like me maybe we can both try and smile a little more. Slightly more light hearted post coming very soon.

Thanks
Beth xxx

P.S I hope nobody feels I sounded spoilt or anything I am  aware how lucky I am.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment